Mikey had eaten a sock which was lodged in his intestine, causing severe discomfort, vomiting, and lethargy. It was obvious that immediate removal of the sock was necessary. The total cost of the surgery was $2,792, and, Mikey’s owner, disabled, on a Kidney Transplant waiting list, needed the funding for Mikey so they contacted STARelief and Pet Assistance.
STARelief was able to provide a grant of $400, and, along with other organizations pitching in Mikey received surgery on November 20, 2013 The delicate surgery went well, and Mikey is recovering at home. Remember Mikey, socks are to be worn, not swallowed. We wish Mikey and his family the best of health.