Financial hardship can prevent families from providing the necessary life-saving medical care they need for the pets they love.
STARelief’s Home For Life grant program is designed to provide financial assistance for veterinary care and resources to pet families in need.
Home For Life Grant
Typically, our grants run between $100 and $500. To be considered for one of our grants you MUST complete a Home For Life grant application showing proof of financial hardship and provide us with all the required information and material requested on the application. Only completed applications will be considered for funding.
We completely understand you are under a lot of stress, but the fastest and most efficient way to get the help you need is by completing the application and sending in all of the required information. STARelief grants go directly to the service provider/veterinarian. At no time do we write checks to grant recipients.
To be considered for a grant you must:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a completed application. If you do not send in all of the required information we will not review your application
- Provide proof that your pet is spayed or neutered, unless applying for a spay/neuter grant
- Demonstrate that you have attempted to find other funding through your own means and personal contacts. Here is a list of fund raising suggestions from STARelief. You may download the PDF document and print it. FUNDRAISING IDEAS
- Provide photo(s), and agree to provide updates of your pet(s)
- Agree to allow us to include any, all or part of your story and picture of your pet in our newsletter, website, Facebook, etc.
Applying for assistance does not automatically mean you are approved. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we cannot help everyone. Grant approvals are based on several factors: financial need, emergency situation and available funding. We are an all volunteer nonprofit and will do our best to reply to you within two to three business days.
Funds pledged will only be available for 30 days after the date they were originally pledged. All funds go directly to the service provider.
The Home For Life program offers assistance for the following services:
- Emergency Medical Care
- Emergency Boarding / Foster Care
- Spay / Neuter
- Routine Medical Care (vaccines, microchip, etc)
- End-of-Life Services
Home For Life program does not cover the following:
- Services already performed
- Dental Cleaning
- Ongoing medications or medical treatments
- Unnecessary lab work or x-rays
- Cremation Services
If you are in need of assistance, please complete the Home-for-Life application.
STARelief depends upon donations from kind supporters to run the Home For Life Grant program. Please donate to help us reach our goal of doubling the budget for this program by 2015 so we can increase the number of grants provided.